Saturday, September 15, 2007

Tagged




I was one of many lucky ladies to be tagged by April. Here goes my Q and A.


Where did you meet your husband?

For those of you who are familiar with downtown Salt Lake City, I met Fiel cruising State Street with my friends on a Friday night.
Way back in the day, Fiel loved to drag race his Lexus on State St. and my friends and I would ride up and down it as well singing church hymns and primary songs as loud as we could to the guys who were trying to pick us up (this lasted for about two weeks. Then we realized how lame it was). The night we met, Fiel was with his friend that just so happened to be my neighbor. so we talked to each other out our car windows. I thought Fiel was really cute but he wouldn't talk to me. So after a few minutes of talking with his friend, we went our separate ways. The thought never crossed my mind that something would actually come from our encounter. A few weeks later, he got my phone number from his friend and called me. I was a little shocked but very excited he did!

What was the first thing you said to your husband?

I can't remember exactly what I said but and I can recall singing to him a song that shall remain nameless from the movie Austin Powers (that's probably why he wouldn't talk to me!).

Where was the first kiss? First date?

Fiel loved to drive his Lexus, so we drove around the Salt Lake valley just talking on our first date. It was actually pretty fun. That's where we also shared our first kiss. These two events did not take place on the same night. Our first kiss was on the third date.

Did you have a long or short courtship/engagement?

We dated for five months before he proposed. We got married one month to the day after we got engaged.

Where did you get engaged?

This is a little embarassing but we were at his apartment one night, he was playing video games (somethings never change) and I was clipping my finger nails. He said " You know I really want to marry you." my replay was " Uhh that's sweet Fiel."
About ten minutes later he looked up at me and said "so...will you? I said "will I what?" After figuring out where this conversation was going, I said yes. Not the proposal I had dreamed about but if you know Fiel you would know it was very sincere.

Where did you get married?

Bluffdale Utah. Two years and a baby Emme later we were sealed in the Salt Lake Temple.

How did the reception go?

We had two receptions. One in Utah and one in Connecticut. My brother in- law Kyle had connections to the Garden Park Ward in Salt Lake and thats where we had our Utah reception. It was gorgeous! The cherry blossoms were in bloom so they went with the whole pink theme I was going for! We had our Connecticut reception at Fiel's parents house. It was nice. I got to see the house in Storrs CT where Fiel grew up before his parents moved to Bolton CT.

How was the honeymoon?

After the CT. reception, we took the train to New York City. It was my first trip to N.Y.C. We had a lot of fun! We walked down to the Lexus dealership so Fiel could see the new car models that hadn't arrived in Utah yet and then we stood in the middle of time square so we ( I ) could catch a glimpse at the boy band NSYNC at the MTV studios. We did a lot more than that but, at the time those were the highlights of our trip ( gimme a break. I was 18 at the time).

Well....that was a lot of fun remembering how so unromantic Fiel and I have always been, but at least we're unromantic together! Thanks for sharing April!

6 comments:

april said...

how fun to read about everything! i did my bridal photos at the garden park ward. thanks for sharing (someday i might make you share the austin powers song with me too. i need a refresher; i'm not sure what song you sang. it will probably come to me; it's just too early in the morning right now.)

chaffinclan said...

I've always loved the story of that proposal! I have no idea which song you are talking about.

Sally said...

Ah Fiel...always the romantic one in our family! At least with Fiel you know that the proposal was sincere even if it wasn't a dream proposal. I'm stumped on the Austin Powers song as well.

chaffinclan said...

Natalie, now that you've told me which song it was you'd better confess before I tell everyone.

Amanda said...

I love seeing the wedding pictures! Your proposal story is sweet in it's own way!

jennah said...

Cute. Very sweet. I too love the wedding pictures. But what really struck me was the line "give me a break I was only 18!!!