Friday, January 4, 2008

Cheerleading woes

Emme is our little cheerleader and she loves it! She's doing great but, she needs desperate help with her splits. We had a little conversation about her non-existent split this morning while waiting for the school bus.
Mom: All you need to do is practice every day. Once your legs become used to being in that position, it will be easy to do the splits.
Emme: But it hurts and I don't like it when things hurt.
Mom: It will stop hurting once your legs become more flexible.
Emme: Do you know how to do the splits?
Mom: No.
Emme: (sighs) I just wish I could be the cheerleader that doesn't do the splits. Why does my life have to be so hard?
Mom: Why do you think your life is hard?
Emme: Mom-Hello! Were you not listening to what we were talking about? The splits Mom. My life is hard because I can't do the splits!

I wish I could go back to a time where all I had to worry about was doing splits and going to bed at 7 o'clock.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

She is so dang cute and dramatic!

chaffinclan said...

Life *is* hard when you're 6. Hello.

Grandma Gerri said...

Emme will probably embrace this she enjoys cheer leading to much to let this stop her. But she's probably right about it being painful but the advice you gave is good.