Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Hi. We're in Delaware.


Andrew and I just got back from traveling to Delaware with Elaine, Tice, Ellie and Tycen for my niece Caroline's 12th Birthday. We had a great time! 
The night before Caroline's Birthday she wanted to go to the Cracker Barrel restaurant for her Birthday dinner. Andrew and I shared our first Cracker Barrel experience together that night. The waiters sang Happy Birthday to Caroline and we all had a good time! 



Later that night, I dyed Caroline's hair a slightly lighter shade of blonde. It turned out so cute! She looked like Hannah Montana after we were done! She looks fantastic!!!
Tice and I made the executive decision that it was time for Christian and Jake to give there wardrobe a makeover.We had so much fun picking out clothes for them! We had a fashion show back at the house with all the new clothes we got for the boys and Caroline. I don't mean to toot my own horn but, those boys are lookin' pretty dang good now that they've been touched by the talents of Natalie and Tice. Watch out girls, Christian turns 16 in May! A huge thanks to Elaine for supplying us with the funds for the boy's wardrobe!

The most exciting event of the trip would have to be Chick-fil-a. I love Chick-fil-a and the closest one to my house is two hours away in Massachusetts so needless to say, we don't go there as often as I would like. Lucky for me, Chick-fil-a opened a free standing store in the town Lori's family lives!  Tice and I thought we had died and gone to heaven!


We had Chick-fil-a for breakfast and lunch on Monday, and we picked up some nuggets for the ride home on Tuesday night. We miss Chick-fil-a so very, very much!
We had such a great time visiting Lori and her family in Delaware and we can't wait to go back soon!



We heard of the passing of our dear prophet President Gordon B. Hinckley while visiting in Delaware. Although he will be greatly missed here on Earth, I'm sure his home coming reception in Heaven was far much greater than I could ever imagine. Not only was he an amazing leader to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, he was an amazing man who loved and served all man kind. 
2 Timothy 4: 6-7 "For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept my faith". 
We will miss him!

4 comments:

Mexicutioner's Mom said...

Welcome back. (I don't do well with all the quiet.)

Tice said...

Those were some fun times in the DE. Caroline looked the hotness with her new hairdo. And Christian and Jake - I can't believe my baby boys are getting so big! (ps I know those boys aren't technically mine but they hold a special place in my heart as I babysat them for many a summer during my teenage years and beyond.)

And now that we have converted them into American Eagle lovers we know what to buy them for their birthdays.

Thanks for the fun times Muhlestein family!

sally said...

Aww, how fun...didn't anyone miss me? I wanted to go to Delaweird. I wanted to be anywhere but here getting a hernia. A hippo with a hernia. Hmpf.

Grandma Gerri said...

Amen for your comments on President Hinckley.

I love Caroline's hair.