Thursday, June 4, 2009

Call me mean...

but I get a big kick out of Clee running to the bed to hide under the covers when the thunder shakes the house. Ha. Seriously, his face is priceless. 

It's the second day of rain in a row. And this isn't the "drizzling drops that only lasts a few minutes" kind of rain this Utah girl grew up on. This rain is the "pouring so hard you can actually rinse the conditioner out of your hair if you had to resort to that" kind of rain. 

The lightning has lit our home with it's white brightness. The thunder has vibrated under our feet. The kids are not too happy. They'd rather be swimming at aunt Karen's. Instead, they watch Ghostbusters for the third time, making huge messes throughout the house. Such is life. I'm fine with staying at home. I've got a ginorm swollen face that I'd rather not show to the world. 

Don't ask.
 
Just pity. 

Getting back to the rain, I love it. I love the sound, and smell. I love listening to the thousands of frogs that come after the rain stops. 

Woot. The Ghostbusters theme song just came on. Gotta go dance.

xoxo

6 comments:

Tice said...

We needs us a thunderstorm like that. I'd sit on the patio and watch it. Or at least leave the window open so I could listen to it. And, um, scared of the thunder? I wonder where would get that from...

ps- Ghostbusters is awesome. Why not make a video of all of y'all dancing to it? Ha.

natalie said...

@ The General: Right? ha. He looks like mini me running for the sheets. ha-no GAH!

Meg said...

We had a huge storm on Monday nignt and an encore performance on Tuesday. It was classic! I love the rain when it is out of control. As for the frogs...I am a bit upset at that species, seeing as though we pitched our tent by a home of 1,000+ of them in Moab. 1,000 frogs at night + 3 girls in a tent = no sleep.

Grandma Gerri said...

Okay your mean!! It's not like you didn't run down to my bed every time we had a thunder storm.

Sally Sirmans said...

Ha. I laugh at my dogs when they run from thunder too. It scares them to pieces.

Lori, Lorelei, Lore said...

I love those thunderstorms. Here it is just threatening to storm. Storm already, I say! Don't just hang around making it dark and gloomy, stupid clouds.
Can you tell I'm a tad bit grumpy?