Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Confession.
I laugh when people fall.
"I laugh" might be an understatement.
I burst into sheer laughter to the point where my sides hurt when people fall.
Old?
Young?
Doesn't matter. I will laugh at you.
Some of the time I will check to see if the fallee is okay, but most of the time I don't.
I'm not gonna lie, I personally think laughing releases tension of the falling awkwardness.
Does that make me a bad person?
Laughing at your pain?
...Uncontrollably?
Please know that I cannot help it. Believe me, I've tried.
So the next time you're with me and you happen to fall, and I laugh at you, please except my advanced apology.
And feel free to laugh at me. In fact, I would love it if you did.

4 comments:

Grandma Gerri said...

I will accept you apology because I always have. But I just don't think I can laugh when you fall as I proved to you in Washington so don't be upset when I don't. I just need to know your okay and then a little later maybe I could laugh a little. You must have got that from your father or just laughing at your clumbsy mother over the years.

Lori, Lorelei, Lore said...

It's better than laughing in the middle of a very solemn funeral!!

Tice said...

We share a common love of laughing at the fallen. Ha. I love that whenever I fall, I wish you were there to laugh with me.

I told you about when my boss fell once, right? I couldn't contain the laughter.

Brittany said...

I have the same problem. Rylee fell out of her tube when we were tubing, and the first thing I did was laugh while she was terrified. I'm so mean.