Friday, August 28, 2009

For the record:

I greatly dislike wealthy adults who have an unhealthy obsession with ghostbusters.
You see this picture? This is the exact ghostbusters gear that a certain crazed little 4 year old I know wants- real.bad. What's so special about these items, you ask? Duh. These items just so happen to be toys mattel released in 1984... hello? Surprised you didn't know that, sheesh loueesh.
These were once a hot ticket item 25 years ago, and apparently they still are. You can't win one of these sets for cheeper than $100 from ebay, believe me I've been watching for the last 3 months. The one in the picture shown however must be a real gem because not only is it in very good condition, it's current bid is at $200 flipping dollars.




... that's a lot of cash, a lot of green. I'm not stoopid enough to bid that high, but that doesn't change the fact that I still need one. sigh. This once was a clearance shelf item, collecting dust, selling for 5 or less dollars, is now selling for more than an iphone. Cuhrayzee.

So this is my plea to all of the ghostbusters nerds out there who are trying to relive their childhood, but instead keep bidding on my sons happiness:

I need that proton pack, m'kay. Just let me win one for the starting bid price of $10. It's not like I'm asking you to take down your Peter Venkman poster that hangs over your bed. I get the whole reliving your childhood past dream, I do, but there are children out there who are missing out on what could be their future dreams of childhood past. Remember, it's the youth of today that's gonna take care of the you of tomorrow.

There. I said it. And it probably won't change the circumstances, so I will continue my search, because a homemade one will not suffice. Because my son is morphing into his father and has to have the legit thing. Because it's important to my baby. Most importantly because I am a sucker.


2 comments:

Grandma Gerri said...

Have you tried Craigs List? Just wondering, I'll keep an eye out.

Tice said...

You and your (son's) obsessions are too funny. *wink wink*