Thursday, September 3, 2009

The eyes are my favorite feature on a humans face.
They're like the jewelry that completes the look.
I spend a good amount of my time looking in my children's eyes.
All three are wonderfully different, special, and beautiful.


I've always believed that your eyes are the windows to your soul.
You can let someone in with a long gaze, or block someone out by drawing the curtains.


Looking into Emme's eyes is like looking into my own. Our eyes are an exact match, from the rich amber ring around the center, scattered golden specks, down to the dark blue outer ring. Like mine, Emme's eyes turn green when she's sad, brown when she's angry, and lovely mix of the two when she is neutral.
Her eyes are big and uses it to her advantage by batting them to get what she wants.
Like the color of her eyes, Emme's mood can change in an instant, so watch out.


Clee's eyes holds the soul of wisdom. Clee and I have a connection through our eyes. We speak through them with endearing gazes, irritated glances, happy squints, and comforting eye locks. He doesn't always let you in, but when he does, it's like magic. You're instantly under his spell. Since last year his eyes have been turning from his normal deep dark blue, to a gorgeous silver every once in a while. Maybe they're becoming hazel. Unlike mine and Emme's his don't seem to change with his moods or what he's wearing, but then again typical is so not his style.


Andrew eyes are the color I've always envisioned and prayed for my children to have. I'm a fool for a blue eyed boy, and he knows it. I could get lost looking into his baby blues. His eyes are welcoming and pure. His eyes are the most friendliest and inviting of the family. His left eye has always squinted when he smiles or pouts just like popeye. Grammy says it's a Ruark trait, and a reminder of her beloved father. I think her father slipped that trait in right before Andrew came down to earth just for her.




Most importantly. When I look into my children's eyes I see confidence, love, and security.
That reassures me I'm doing my job right.

5 comments:

Grandma Gerri said...

They all have beautiful expressive eyes just like their mommy. maybe not all the same color but all beautiful and expressive. And you are a terrific mom don't ever doubt it.

Meg said...

I LOVE this post. Wow. I love eyes too. I agree with you on them being the window to your soul....so true. Eyes can tell it all. Your children have beautiful eyes!

tice said...

And I thought I didn't wear jewelry...

ps-I've adopted a look for odd bracelets. No necklaces. No rings. No ear bling. Just bracelets. What say ye?

Lori, Lorelei, Lore said...

It's about time!

Lori, Lorelei, Lore said...

Oh, sorry, that was an immediate response to Tice's comment.

And yes, their eyes are beautiful. How did you get so close to them?