Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Allow me to set the scene:

7:50ish am. I'm in the kitchen preparing lunches. 15 minutes prior, I was upstairs,doing my daily wake up call for three little ones, but one refused to get up. I blame it on not going to sleep until after midnight. I had breakfast to make, lunches to prepare, and teeth, and hair brushing to oversee. I had no time to dilly dally with the morning grump we lovingly call Clee. Right before I went down stairs I sternly told Clee I had better see him up and in the kitchen in 5 minutes.

Color me surprised when I saw his head come around the corner and into the kitchen 5 minutes later. Color me blown away with love when he ran over, wrapped his arms around my waist, and giggled. He was hugging me... and I didn't even have to ask for it. He loves me. Yay!

Clee's hugs and kisses are usually received only when you ask for one. Example: When I say "Clee, come give me a kiss" then make a kissy noise, he'll drop whatever he's doing and come give me a kiss on most occasions. Recently there have been times I'll ask for one and all I get is a "yeah, right" look, in which I challenge his look with a "Hey. I carried you around for 9 months in the record breaking heat, and that's what I get when I ask you for a kiss? Rude." And it is rude. Hpmf.

Anyway getting back on track, it is very rare for him to initiate any types of displayed affection. But when he does, you better relish in the moment, because who knows when you're going to receive that kind of gift again.

That's a pretty good way to start the morning, eh? That is until he takes off, and completely unlaces ( I mean laces are off of the shoe and stimming in his hand) the chuck taylors I had just out on him 2 minutes before, right as we were about to leave for school. (tapping fingers on keyboard) He loves it when I rant and rave in his honor, ps. Evidently it's very amuuuuuuusing.


4 comments:

Grandma Gerri said...

Awwwwww that's our Clee:)

Betsy said...

My boys are the same way...give some affection when asked, but rarely do it on their own. When it does happen, you can just float on that wonderful feeling all day! :) Your Clee is a sweetie!

Lori, Lorelei, Lore said...

Oh.How.Sweet. I just wanna grab him and kiss him all over!

Tice said...

I love this story. Give him a kiss for me.