Monday, October 12, 2009

During science class, Emme and her classmates made sour bread dough as an experiment with yeast. They all got to bring some home with them to bake. Emme loves to bake, so this was very exciting.

First, she pressed the dough in a bread pan...


then she baked it at 350 for 10 minutes.


Here's a happy girl who is satisfied with the ending results appearance.


Now for the taste test...


Meh. She's not one for sour dough.
But she did have fun in the making process.
Emme baked her first loaf of bread... I still can't say the same for me.


3 comments:

Meg said...

Last time I attempted to make bread it turned out....well, let's just say it weighed more than a brick and was very un-eatable. Props to Emme.

Grandma Gerri said...

yea she and I discussed this when I talked to her this weekend. She was not fond of the taste. I told her it was probably because it wasn't whit and soft. She agreed.

chaffinclan said...

Woot! for Emme. I can't make very pretty bread. It always looks lumpy. I'm not a fan of sourdough either. Or Rye for that matter.