Thursday, October 29, 2009


It's amazing how fast your infected finger can turn blue after it loses circulation, but what's even more amazing is how it regains it's color almost immediately after the fluid in your finger starts to drain. Well, it is to me, anyway.


That's my baby.


After he was held down by two large male nurses while the doctor poked his tripled in size finger with several large needles due to an infected middle finger.

No one could touch him after that.
Not even me.

He just sat in that corner, crying.

That broke my heart.

I must say that the doctor could have been a little more sympathetic to Clee knowing he had autism, but alas... he was still a jerk. Pardon my language. He made me stand in the corner while they held Clee down, and all Clee did the entire time was look at me in horror. If he could talk, I believe he would have said something like: Uh. Excuse me? What the h@ll are you doing way over there??
And he would be right. Why was I standing in the corner instead of by his side? If I could go back in time, I would have ignored that doctors orders and told him to stick his demands where the sun don't shine.
I cried.
No one likes to feel helpless when it comes to their child. Especially when you can't explain to your child why he's there and what they're doing in the first place.

There is an upside to this story. Clee's finger is now safe and slowly going back to normal size, but the best part is that he was giving that mean doctor the middle finger the entire time.


10 comments:

Kim said...

I must say, I almost started crying as I read this post:*( poor baby boy:*( but then...I read your last sentence and I started cracking up. bahahaha! you. are. hilarious.

Bedside Manner said...

Jerkyity jerk doctors. :( Boo to them I say. BOO!

Sally Sirmans said...

This broke my heart. You should have given those doctors the what for. It reminds of when I took Laurel to Cottonwood Hospital for stitches in her finger. She was maybe 18 months old. The doctors restrained her and she puked on them. SHe could puke on demand at that age.

Meg said...

This is so sad. I can't imagine having to stand aside while people hurt your child...even if it is to help them.They should have let you be next to him. Ri-dic-u-lous!

Grandma Gerri said...

My poor Boy, I'm glad his finger is getting better. I did cry but at the end could not help laughing. BTW what is the jerk's oh I mean doctor's name.

Betsy said...

How stressful! :( So glad he's getting better now.

Amanda L. said...

Oh poor Clee! Maybe it's good he doesn't talk right now right?

So glad his finger is doing better..and yes it is ironic that he was giving THE finger to that Dr. the whole time. Is there really not a children's hospital close by?

sorichfamily said...

poor clee! i agree with the irony...how poetic! you are amazing! give clee our loves!

Tice said...

Sad face. Sad, sad face.

Karen said...

My goodness! when did all this happened???? I'm always the last to hear all the news.So sorry Clee had to go through all that without his mommie! What in the world caused this??