Monday, October 5, 2009

This desk, once antique white with blue glass knobs was used in Emme's room as a drawing table, note storer, Littlest Pet Shop collector, and American Girl doll display.

It's now red, and sitting in Rex's living room.
Rex needed a desk, and Emme was willing to part with hers. I was asked to refinish it, in exchange for free babysitting. Let's be honest. He had me at free babysitting.
He wanted it to be man'd up. I'm guessing he wasn't too fond of the girlish white with blue glass knobs look. Weird, right?
At his request, this old desk needed to look just that... old.
This was my very first antiquing project, and I must say, the finished product looks pretty darn good.




This desk is worthy of a thumbs up.
Two actually, but I needed the other thumb to take the picture.
... Lets just pretend it's there, k?

I also did his TV stand.


... and Emme's night stand.
Found her paint for only $1, and it matches perfectly with her quilt.
I know a good deal when I see one.


8 comments:

Grandma Gerri said...

Great job, they all look wonderful!

Kim said...

amazing!! Bob Villa ain't got nothin on you gurl!

Meg said...

Make me one. Me me me! Pleease. :) I do have an old cedar chest you could help me out with. :)

sorichfamily said...

you are amazing! love it all!! rock on! can you come over and help me next?? :)

Lori, Lorelei, Lore said...

You are a painting machine! Everything looks great!

Analia and Co. said...

That is awesome work! Love it all.

Trent and Amelia said...

Oh my goodness- I love it. I originally read this post from my phone and couldnt see the pictures as well but they still looked cute. I just remembered that I wanted to take a look from my big computer screen and wow, I am so impressed! Both colors are perfect

Tice said...

You know I love a good paint job.