Friday, October 9, 2009


Who knew that a Christmas gift from Grandpa Allgood would come to be Clee's newest object of interest nearly two years later? If you haven't had the privilege of hearing about or seeing Clee with his new device, Clee has taken up a rekindled fondness for the portable dvd player. I can tell you they're quite the pair.


From the moment he gets home from school to the moment his eyes shut for the last time as he drifts to sleep, its in his possession. It's been dropped, jumped on, thrown down the stairs, chewed on, and yet it remains loyal to the boy who's to blame for such acts of carelessness. Go figure. I shall email Zenith and send them a thank you for making such a durable electronic device.


After two years it's battery life has become nonexistent, being powered solely by it's power cord. Clee will become your bff if you would be so kind as to plug it in for him. He'd do it himself, but the cords prongs (?) have been chewed on and become misshaped so it's a puzzle to get it to connect to the power outlet. I must warn you, don't get too upset when he unplugs it faster than you plugged it in. He evidently didn't want it where you chose to connect it, okay? Allow me to be blunt when I say you're a lousy dvd placement finder. You better get with the program...


Why do I allow him to carry the dvd player around all day long, you ask?


Because it makes him happy, feel accomplished that he's figured out how to work the devise that has been even difficult for me to work at times, and because he only watches They Might Be Giants "Here Come The ABC's" and "123's" on it.


I guess you can say I'm promoting education and good taste in music.



5 comments:

John & John said...

Well then — in the spirit of the DVDs mentioned: High Five!

Grandma Gerri said...

That's our boy, gotta love him!

Grandma Gerri said...

Can the battery be replaced?

Tice said...

Gudnesch. He's too cute for words. Give him a kiss for me.

ps- He's just prepping to take over the world with his algorithm that he learned on They Might Be Giants 123s.

Sally Sirmans said...

I'm swooning over here. He's so handsome.