Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I've been working on a huge project all day long. Preserving memories. Sure I have a fancy shmancy apple hard drive, but I've been slacking on burning actual disks of photos to put in the family safe. Today was the day to make things right again. To be safe, I started from the very beginning. 10,000 photos later, I'm done and the cherished memories are now completely protected. I had to make room for my new disks, so I decided to throw out the old ones, but not until checking them first to make sure there weren't any long lost photos. I doubted it, but feared it at the same time.
Whilst my double checking I came across a disk that hadn't been named. I popped it into the computer, low and behold there they were. 104 photos from the year 2005 that somehow never got into the computers photo archive since replacing much loathed pc for a mac in 2006. And to think I almost threw away Andrew's first halloween and Birthday ( I have been wondering where those went).

This is one of those long lost photos.


I can't believe how much they've grown. Sigh.

Do you have a backup? A wise man told me this today: if it's not in 3 places (original, on-site backup, off-site backup), it doesn't exist.
How true that is...

4 comments:

Elaine said...

Oh, so glad you found those photos - So many memories of Andrew as a baby - so cute! And that cute little Emme - always has been the greatest big sister!

Betsy said...

I SO need to do this!

Grandma Gerri said...

They are both so young how cute. I will need to get copies of all of these missing photos when I visit please. you could start making me discs now couldn't you?

Tice said...

Oh fer cute.