Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Ten years ago today an engaged Natalie and Fiel made the spilt second decision to get married in small court house in Bluffdale Utah that morning. I can't go into detail as to why we made that quick decision or why we were so secretive about it, because I honestly can't remember our reasoning. Everything was all a blur that day. I do remember taking two separate cars so he could go onto work after the ceremony... we were so romantic, weren't we? Only two pictures were taken that day and neither of them have made it onto a computer yet, but a few pictures my mom took from our wedding reception four months later (the day we planned for) did in their low quality glory.

Here's one:



In ten years we've managed to have three beautiful babies, live in three different states, seven different homes, three road trips across the country (four for Fiel), own ten different cars. We've experienced feelings we never knew we could- good and bad. We went through the heartbreak of a child's life changing diagnosis and learned to embrace and grow with his disability.We learned to laugh at ourselves and do frequently. We realized neither of us were the perfect person we once thought the other was. We learned to accept, like, and love one another, just the way we are. When it felt like our lives were falling apart and we were losing one another, we always seemed to find each other again when the dust cleared- and we would hold on tight. We shared a decade of life together. Not too shabby.



Happy ten years, Fielding Dear!

May our next ten years be bright.

12 comments:

sorichfamily said...

Happy anniversary! What a lovely couple! It is funny how a decade feels so long and so short! I hope you have a wonderful time celebrating! Ps... Love the pics

Ramsey said...

How beautifully poetic! Happy Anniversary!

Tice said...

Oh fer cute. It feels like y'all have been together forever, no?

Sally said...

Fine. I'll say what no one else is going to say. The reason you got married quickly and secretively is so you could *do it*. Ha.

But seriously, you two make me believe in true love. Promise me this. In two years, you'll grace us with Baby Leelee. We already have her fairy bedding ready to go thanks to a certain aunt who has the hookup at the pbk.

Meg said...

I secretly envy you.

annie said...

Happy Anniversary Natalie and Fielding. I have to say you look positively the same as you do now!! What is your secret dear? Just put it in a bottle and send me some.

You chose a fabulous day to be wed, it's my Andrew's birthday. Whenever he has his b-day I will always remember your anniversary. You truly inspire me.

Have a happy 100 more years and for that matter eternity together. :)

Loves

Annemarie

Grandma Gerri said...

I love you guys and I'm glad and proud I could be at both of these ceremonies. You are a great couple and wonderful parents. (another granddaughter would be greatly appreciated) Happy Tenth Anniversary!!!

Betsy said...

Awww...that was a lovely post! happy anniversary! :)

natalie said...

Sally's right. Ha!

natalie said...

fiels says we can't make promises of thing that will never exist. :( Everyone needs to pray that baby leelee will come!

Brittany said...

Happy Anniversary! Aren't December anniversaries crazy? We actually planned ours 5 days before Christmas. For the same reason Sally gave, I suppose ;) By the way, you two are so cute together! I notice you two giggling in the corner at family functions sometimes.

The Sanders Family said...

Fur cute! I can't believe how time flies. Now you just need to move back and spent the next ten..er..twenty years here.