Monday, December 14, 2009

You best believe Christmas came early for yours truly, this morning. Whilst driving home from the usual morning drop off youngins at school routine, is spied with my wee eye:

  • Three women.
  • In their late 50's sitting at a stop light.
  • In a mini cooper convertible.
  • Top down in 90 percent humidity.
  • Not just listening, but getting their groove on to Honky Tonk Women... lOuDlY.
  • The driver putting her lipstick on while shimmying her bosoms to the Mick Jaggar lyrics that get her swooning.
  • The passenger banging her fist while she continuously yells "yeah!" because she doesn't know the words.
  • The gal in the back yelling the lyrics because she does indeed know the words, running her fingers through her football helmet shaped hair as she sways her head back and forth.
  • All three lovely ladies in Christmas sweaters.

... I think I was blushing from delight when they saw me dancing along with them. They giggled. Light turned green. We went our separate ways. I shall make note of this morning's visual candy to remind myself that:

a) you're never too old to get your groove on.
b) never to get a hair cut in the shape of a football helmet.
c) red lipstick looks amazing on middle aged women.
d) if I'm going to wear a Christmas sweater, it must light up.


Christmas time is a wonderful time.

8 comments:

Meg said...

Love this post. Wish I were there.

Grandma Gerri said...

Wish I could have seen that!!! Ha!

Kim said...

this is one of my fav natalie posts ever! and that is saying a lot, because they're all so dern entertaining:)

Kalena said...

The one thing that stood out to me in this post is that you spelled Mick's last name with an AR when actually it's an ER. The only reason why I comment about it is because the spelling of our last name ALWAYS gets messed up because of the likes of Mick Jagger. But for once somebody spelled his last name the way ours is suppose to be spelled. So thank you Natalie you definitely made my day :)

Lindsey said...

You are hilarious! I am so glad I come visiting on your blog to make me laugh.

chaffinclan said...

Will you make it your mission to find me a Christmas light-up sweater?

chaffinclan said...

ha! :)

chaffinclan said...

ha! :)