Monday, January 25, 2010

The deep south had a tornado warning effective until 1 am this morning. I guess these warnings are part of the deep south's normality? Uh yeah, this was my first acknowledgment of one so I might have panicked... just a little bit. Especially since I have a husband who has recently been coming home filled with weather/world conspiracies to share with his wife who has a tendency to worry, about everything. So with me not taking this tornado watch as lightly as the husband, I went to my online weather source to see what I could do to be prepared.
First thing it said was to stay on main level of the home, away from windows. The children were all asleep upstairs. I asked husband dear, to help me make a pallet on our bedroom floor and to fetch the children from the upstairs. His reply was for me to stop overreacting and if I was that concerned, I should stay up until 1 am, when the warning expired.
I'm stubborn, y'all so I made the pallet and rounded up the youngins, sans help as husband snickered at my efforts. Hmpf. When I finished, I had three sweet babies laying across my bedroom floor by 11:00 pm. I was genius for doing this because now I can go to bed, carefree.

I went to bed at 3:00 am this morning because at 11:15, Andrew had woken up and pitched a fit because he couldn't play the wii. This fit woke up Clemon. Clemon woke up Emme with all of his giggling.
... by 3:00 am, I was regretting my genius plan.

Lesson learned. Next time a tornado warning watch has been issued to the deep south, I will either a) pay no mind to it, like the rest of the town folk or b) stay up until it expires and leave the sleeping youngins asleep in their beds. Never again will I do c) bring youngins downstairs to sleep on a school night unless it's absolutely necessary.

4 comments:

Grandma Gerri said...

I can't stop laughing, Sorry. Thats hard on a mouth breather you know? My word verification is worpopo. I'm laughing again!

Sally Sirmans said...

At least you aren't panicked about an earthquake like I am (due to Haiti's unfortunate situation). You can be warned about a tornado.

Tice said...

You? Panicked about the weather? I've never heard of such a thing...

Meg said...

AWESOME.