Tuesday, January 19, 2010

grammy knows how to throw a party

Due to two weekends of either freezing temperatures or rain, Grammy's bouncy house birthday party finally hopped in gear and was held yesterday. What kind of Grammy would want to celebrate her 64th birthday with a bouncy house, you wonder? A hoppin grammy would, and she did just that. With the cake blown up and candles in the air, we were ready to jump for hours on end.






Clee's never been a fan of bouncy houses, although I knew he would love them if he tried. Grammy wanted him to al least try it. Luckily big burly Rex was there to shove him in there for us. He didn't like it one bit at first, but after a few minutes he came around and started to enjoy himself... only if he was sitting on someones lap.



Brittany came with her youngins and brought yummy chocolate chip cookie sandwiches with homemade cream cheese frosting. yum.


Lane and Heather came down for the long weekend. It was our first visit with Heather who just moved here from Michigan.


Rex got in and was immediately tackled by two cute five year old boys.


Candace and Keri also bounced their way to the party. I believe Candace said it best when she said "best day ever!"


Grammy's party was a success! We sure did miss having the rest of the grandchildren there. Here's to wishing for next time. Thanks Grammy, for being so hoppin!


Bonus picture:

I wanted to take a picture of these three cuties in the bouncer when Andrew turned around with his back facing the camera.

Me: Andrew turn around so I can see your face.
Andrew: Mom. Can't you see? I'm being Paul...

Ah yes. What's a day in the life without Andrew doing something Paul would do.

Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band photo by google images


8 comments:

Trent and Amelia said...

cute pictures! That last picture is so funny, thanks for including it as an added bonus

Grandma Gerri said...

Wow looks like a blast. I'm glad Clee got in. Looks like everyone had a great time.

Brittany said...

I love the pictures! Andrew is too funny trying to be like Paul. I know Warner and Rylee thoroughly enjoyed themselves, although Warner was bummed all night because Andrew wasn't coming until Thursday. He said, "I'm going to stay up all of darkness until Andrew comes."

Analia and Co. said...

Love your pictures! It looks like you guys had a blast!

Sally Sirmans said...

I'm so jealous! Love Andrew's Paul imitation. I really don't know where you found him. I also love the picture of Mom and Clee. Email me that, will ya? I want that on my wall.

Karen said...

That Andrew is a mess! He is so funny being Paul in that last shot...glad you showed the album cover so I could get it!!! Loved all the pictures of everyone in the cake...but didn't see one of CF and Fiel????!!!! Wish I could have been there!

Karen said...

I have to add...the picture of Elaine and Cless is priceless! Well spent money sister!

Tice said...

Amazing. Simply amazing. Love the bonus shot and the one of Grammy and Clemon. I was there in spirit, no? :)