Sunday, February 7, 2010

rollin' with the homies

It may have taken her a year to do it, but Emme can now officially ride a two wheeler! Huzzah and a big woot yeah! ...Learning how to use the brakes is a work in progress. She is so proud of herself as am I. Today with some help from Papa, she was determined to get on that bike and ride. She was on her own in a little less than an hour. Mind over matter at it's finest.








I long for her to ride a bike with a basket on the front, complete with banana seat. A girl can dream, can't she?
She cannot wait to get back on that bike. She wants to ride on the trail near Grammy and Papa's next. Sounds like I need a bike just to keep up with her.
Question:Do they make bikes with wagons attached to them? You know, so Clee ride along? I'll have to look into it.

This girl rocks... and rolls.

So if y'all didn't already notice, I get mother of the year award for having my child ride her bike sans helmet. Don't judge y'all. She will be riding her bike with proper helmet gear from now on.


7 comments:

Grandma Gerri said...

Emmy Way to go girl!!!!! I am soooo proud of you. But next time wear a helmet please!!!!

Tice said...

Woot for Emme. Speaking of mother of the year. Did you know that Kylie, the almost 11 year old, still doesn't know how to ride a bike? It seems like a job for her father, no? Or grandfather...

But when you do get that bike, I wanna go for a spin. I long for a bike of my very own. But only if it's got that banana seat and maybe a bell, too. You know, just for fun.

Amanda said...

I didn't even look twice about the helment thing...I don't think my mom made us wear them? But I suppose she should. Congrats for learning how to ride, Emme. Makes me want a bike too!

Who's B? said...

Everyone should ride bikes everywhere! I have a little love affair with my own.

I am sure there are other options, but this company in Utah makes awesome bikes with a bucket in the back with seats and everything. I have heard nothing but rave reviews about them: http://www.madsencycles.com/

Meg said...

CONGRATS Emmy!!!! That is SO exciting! I'll have to tell you about my bike-riding story when I am there. :)

Brittany said...

Way to go Emme!!!

Elaine said...

I knew Papa could teach you - he taught your dad and his siblings. He just has the patience it takes. Yea, Papa! Good for you, Emme!