Wednesday, March 3, 2010

em's first job


last week, aunt Karen called and asked Emme if she would dog sit Anna while she went out of town. Emme, the animal lover gladly accepted the challenge.
We're on day 6 now and Emme is still taking very good care of Anna while Karen is away. She walks her, feeds her, takes her outside every morning and night, holds her (she barks at Emme if she doesn't), and sleeps with her. I must say even though Emme is very responsible, I thought I'd be doing most of the work, but she has done it all by herself with a smile on her face.
Does this mean Emme is ready to take care of an animal of her very own? Maybe. Does this mean she's going to get one? Eh, not any time soon. Sorry Em.

7 comments:

Tice said...

No need to get a pet of your own. Just keep borrowing Anna when the need arises.

Meg said...

But just lok at how darling she looks in that picture, holding that sweet little love of hers. She needs one of her own. What will happen when she has to give it back. Oh the agony! hahaha!

Trent and Amelia said...

That is very impressive, especially knowing how high maintance that little dog is. Good job Emme!

Grandma Gerri said...

I think she and the boys need a dog! I'm just saying.

Betsy said...

Very nice! She's so cute!

Elaine said...

Oh, Emme, you are so cute with Anna - Good for you in doing such a great job dog sitting. I'm impressed!

Karen said...

Thank you , thank you, thank you Emme! Boy was it good to get away from Anna for a week! Hey, if I go back to China for ten months....how much would that cost me????? Thanks Natalie for letting Emme baby sit my baby...I know Emme OWES you some of that money!!! But thanks anyway!