Wednesday, March 3, 2010


For us, swim season is just around the corner, that is if it ever (!!!!!) warms up enough. Grammy and Papa's pool opens in April and Emme is already counting down the days. Her swimsuit from last year is getting a wee bit small (I guess a size 6-7 on an almost 9 yr old would be...) and looking a little dingy, so I've been on a mission to get her a new swimsuit. Have you seen girls swimsuits lately? I don't know, y'all. I wasn't feeling the selection I had to choose from. Perhaps it's because I don't spend $50 on a little girls swimsuit or I don't want my little girl looking like a woman-that's just trashy, no offense. What?? I said no offense!

Anywho I was just about to stop the search, let her wear the dingy suit to Grammy's pool, have grammy gasp at her grandchild wearing such a suit, and wait 'til we were closer into the summer season the look again.

That is until I received an email from Gymboree today with this:





...staring right back at me. Holy swimsuit cuteness! I'm in la la love with this swimsuit. The colors, the style, those cute buttons at the top, I love everything about it. Emme is going to be one cute bathing beauty come April.

Anyway, I'm just spreading the love, because apparently some people were annoyed I haven't blogged since last Friday, ahem Meg. Smiley face.

6 comments:

Tice said...

It screams Emme to me. And Ellie, no?

natalie said...

totally thought of Ellie. Actually all of Gymboree's swimsuits made me think of Ellie. I can't wait to see her in June.

Meg said...

What?! You don't let your 8 year old wear a thong bikini? What kind of a mother are you! ;) Thanks for the shout out...I think. ;) Love the swimwear.

Grandma Gerri said...

I think it looks like it should be hers alright!

Kim & Stace said...

that is one cute swimsuit! I wish they made it in big gurl sizes!

Elaine said...

It is just right for Miss Emme, and also Miss Ellie - so cute - love the colors.