Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The kids school had a book character parade yesterday, where you could dress like your favorite book character and participate in the parade that went around the school.
Each classroom got to decorate their door with the book theme of their choice. Emme's class had just finished reading The Trumpet Of The Swan so that was their door theme. Emme made the top and bottom pictures of the swans for her classroom, and she even got the idea to have the students write something they liked about the book and put that on the door as well. Emme's always looking for ways to include everyone.


Emme chose Kit Kitteredge from the American Girl Doll series. Emme and Kit are very similar, and she adores her Kit doll, so it was the perfect choice the way I see it.


Her teacher dressed up like the swan from the book.


Then they paraded down the halls of the kiddie school. It was fun to see all the kids in their costumes. There were some pretty creative ones.


My favorite besides Emme of course was Amelia Bedelia. That Amelia Bedelia is a hoot and a holler.

3 comments:

Meg said...

I miss this girl! She looks so cute! Nice job Emme!

Grandma Gerri said...

That's our Emme great job Emme! I am always so proud of you.

chaffinclan said...

I'm pretty sure that at her age I would've been Ramona Quimby. I loved those books.