Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Have you ever squealed with excitement when you saw something you loved at a children's store? And then squeal again when you saw how cheap it was? I've done that-many times. The memory of the Tye Die fish quilt that later lead to Tice and I working at Pottery Barn Kids comes to mind. Ah wonderful memories...

Today I squealed, but it wasn't for a cute quilt. It was for this madras shirt:


Oh.
Bebe.

I love. It screams Clemon. Clemon had to have this shirt. The manager at the Gymboree thought I was nuts, but what she didn't know was I am a total fool and sucker for madras. Oh alright, I am nuts, but don't you just adore the various plaids and palm trees?


The manager suggested I buy the matching madras shorts to go with the shirt. Madras over madras? Uh no. That's just tacky. Now she's the one who's nuts. Full circle, folks.

3 comments:

meg said...

love it.

Grandma Gerri said...

I love this shirt and it is so Clee, I hope you bought it.

Tice said...

I still remember your squeal over that quilt. Good times.

You know I'm a fool for madras right?