Monday, August 23, 2010


Do my eyes and ears deceive me?

Am I really alone?

Is it really this quiet?

I am! I am!

and it is! It is!

Today was the first day of school for... wait for it... wait for it...
all THREE of my children!

Andrew's off to kindergarten- full day kindergarten, that is. Yeah, I kinda pity those half dayers (ahem Tice).

I'm just gonna put it out there: Unlike a lot of mothers who are seeing their child off to elementary school for the first time, I was happy to see him off. It's not like I haven't done this two other times already.
I'm not being rude, I don't like the fact that he has grown up within a blink of an eye, and I wish I could freeze time and keep all three of them young, but the fact is I can't so see ya later alligator... or until 2:50pm. Whatever comes first.


Allow me to gush over at how darling each one looked in their back to school outfits. I just wanna squeeze each one and tell them they are the cutest kids in school. Oh wait, I did. And rightfully so.

Here are all three of my little kindergarteners all in a row.

... adorable, aren't they?

To justify my excitement for seeing Andrew walk into that classroom door this morning, I will admit that I remembered after seeing this picture, how hard it was for me to see Emme get on that bus to Hartford on the very first day. My oldest baby was headed towards downtown to spend all day without me. Come to think of it, so was my middle baby. Two blocks away from one another to be exact. So to sum things up: I cried like a baby the year my first kindergartener and pre kindergartener went off to downtown Hartford to be educated. Okay? Am I kind of a good mom again?


ps: How many Beatles shirts can one kid have? According to Andrew the amount is endless.

6 comments:

Elaine said...

So, so cute! Then and now! Love 'em! Wonderful to see them all as Kindergartners.

Tice said...

"Oh what a beautiful morning. Oh what a beautiful day." I have may have been singing this earlier today. I'm in love with the glimpses of days gone past with Emme and Clee.

Grandma Gerri said...

They all look so sweet how was their first day?

Meg said...

Emme is wearing shorts! SO CUTE! They all look darling! You are a good mom. Pat yourself on the back and enjoy the days ahead of you. I'm curious to know what the first thing was that you did after the kidos were out the door???

Betsy said...

Ahhh...enjoy the quiet!

Andrew looks quite happy to go!

They all look adorable! Wednesday I'm sending mine off! Yippee!

Karen said...

Such cute pictures and outfits for the first day of school! And the three pictures of all of your kindergarteners...it is OK to be excited about them going back to school...they should go year round so we will be excited when they have two weeks off!!