Saturday, August 14, 2010


I was the Publix (local grocer) today, and I was a girl on mission. They had buy one get one free organic packs of juice boxes and I just so happen to have 20 coupons for organic packs of juice boxes- 10 of the same coupon, plus 10 of the same coupon that are different than the first 10. Does that even make sense? It makes sense when I read it back to myself, but then again I guess it should make sense to the one who types it.

Anyway so here I was. At the publix. At the cash register. With a cart of 10 organic packs of juice boxes and 20 coupons in my right hand.

Cashier: Your total comes to $18 (rounding off, of course).

Me: Um... I have these coupons. Here ya go...

Cashier: Oh wow...

Me: Yeah...

Cashier: Your new total is $0.16.

Me: Nice.

Cashier: *rolling eyes*

Look. I know what this sounds like. It sounds like I came across as a cheap crazy lady, but my kids have a months worth of organic packages of juice boxes to go in their lunch bags and I only paid $0.16 cent for them. Therefore, I'm fine with coming across as a cheap crazy lady.
... and if you couldn't already tell, I also like referring to juice boxes as organic packages of juice boxes. You know... to spice things up a bit.

11 comments:

Tice said...

I love you despite the fact that you are a cheap crazy coupon-wielding lady. So there. Kisses.

Natalia said...

You rock Natalie!!!! I love being crazy coupon lady at Publix! I can't resist using a coupon on their BOGO items! But, I never have more than a couple of the same coupon...how do you do it?

Edelweiss said...

That's great. I like to stock up as cheaply as possible too. :)

Elaine said...

Good job!! When I talked to you, I thought you meant 16 cents per drink. This is much, much better - 16 cents for the 80 drinks! Is that 1/10 of a penny per drink?

Kalena said...

Coupons are AMAZING! You got a good deal!

Grandma Gerri said...

You're not crazy you are an awesome shopper that what it is. She was just jealous because she never thought of it. you go girl.

Karen said...

WOW!! I am sooooooooooo impressed with you coupon ladies...I need to learn how to be BRAVE enough to do this!!! Keep it up!

Meg said...

This is amazing. I always hear stories like this happening to people at the grocery....even to the point of the grocery paying them to take food home. I never did think it was possible, but you have made me a true believer. I now actually KNOW someone to pull this off. Congrats. ;)

Meg said...

This is amazing. I always hear stories like this happening to people at the grocery....even to the point of the grocery paying them to take food home. I never did think it was possible, but you have made me a true believer. I now actually KNOW someone to pull this off. Congrats. ;)

Apple said...

I bow down to your couponing prowess!

FYI, I like to call Capri Suns, juice bags.

The Sanders Family said...

Is there any other way to shop? Wish I was there doing the same.