Friday, August 13, 2010

If you ever thought falling in love with a bed wasn't possible- you were wrong. Very wrong.
Back in my hay day, I worked part time at Pottery Barn Kids in West Hartford CT. While working my many shifts, I would pine over (pine... 'cause it's wood. heh.) the Camp collection. Oh how I loved it's stylish simplicity. It looks good in every color it's available in. I knew it was only a matter of time before I looked past the price tag my boys were ready to share a bedroom and at least one piece of the camp collection would be in my home- where I could stare at it any time I want... Err I'm coming off as creepy, aren't I?

Yesterday was the "big day". The delivery guys came around 8pm and the bed was put together soon after. We took the new bedding out of their packages, and it felt like Christmas morning. It felt especially like Christmas morning for parents when I had to get down to the nitty gritty and dress the bunk beds... that took FOREVER and it was exhausting- just like Tice had warned me it would be. Oh but the end result looks fab. Well worth hitting my head several times on the sealing.


The boys love their rad new bed. I thought Clee would be standoffish, but he took to his new bed with open arms.


And heres what really sealed the deal. The new bed and bedding go with the boys light fixture, which I'm grateful for...


Jealous of my light fixture, I'm sure.

8 comments:

neither daring nor a fireball said...

And now for your non sequitur of the day: this.

natalie said...

Done and done, dude. :) Clee will be the coolest kid in school walking around with his rad ipad, come the first day of school.

Brittany said...

I love it! I want the bunkbeds so bad for when Rex moves in with Warner. I want to come see!

Meg said...

CONGRATS on the long-awaited bunk bed! It is reeeeally sharp looking.

crissy said...

Yeah, I'm jealous...I want to get a bunk bed for the kids, but I suppose they're still too young. :\

Lindsey said...

Geez, your Pottery Barn bunk bed totally KILLS my lame Ikea one... Yes, jealous.

But my FAVORITE part of their room is the Stay-Puffed Marshmallow Man on the table. Your boys have the COOLEST interests. Seriously, how are they lovin' all our 80's goodness?!

Tice said...

He makes for a purdy bed, don't he? Heart, remember, cute sheets and quilt thrown over the footboards works well when you have no time for hitting your head. Speaking of cute sheets...

Grandma Gerri said...

I love it now we need a picture of Clee enjoying his new bed too!