Monday, August 30, 2010


Overheard in the schoolyard: Who on earth would put their child in long sleeved shirts when it's 95 degrees outside??


The answer would be me. And to clarify, it wasn't 95 degrees outside, m'kay. It was 91 degrees, sheesh. Check your facts before you critique someone's parenting skills.
The truth is Andrew prefers long sleeves and long pants over short sleeves and shorts. I too cringe when I see him walking down to parent pickup at the end of the school day, drenched in his own sweat. The way I see it, he is just as cute as he is loony, so why argue with him?

6 comments:

Tice said...

I, too, prefer long sleeves and pants which is I'm happy it's not 91 degrees here today.

ps-The shoes are amazing.

Natalia said...

Is Andrew wearing Dr. Seuss shoes? I love them! Where did you find them?

natalie said...

@natalia- Yes! Aren't they adorable?? They're converse and we got 'em at Kohl's. He loves them.

Grandma Gerri said...

I think I would think he got himself dressed before I would accuse a parent having had a child of my own who only wore what she wanted to wear no matter what I said. And he's adorable who could possibly find fault with his attire.

The Sanders Family said...

Next time you should pipe and say, what a lucky parent to have a child with his own mind who will dress himself.

Meg said...

this whole outfit is quite perfect, if you ask me, but then again...who would ask me such a thing? Ha! I love Andrew!