Friday, August 27, 2010

Today I was awoken by Andrew, who had a surprise for me waiting on the kitchen table. The thought: Oh dear... quickly came to mind.

Me: Is this a good surprise? Or a bad surprise?
Andrew: It's a breakfast surprise. I made you breakfast, mommy... look it's right here.

And there it was, a bowl of milk with a smidgen of soggy frosted flakes. He even made one for Fiel. I should have known. When he wakes up early enough to make his own breakfast, he always makes sure to make me breakfast as well. I pretended to eat my breakfast and throw it down the drain when he turns away like I always do, because I don't have the heart to tell him I prefer to make my own.
He can be so sweet sometimes. Emme, too. I know she helped pour the milk.
It's the nice little moments like this that make my squinty eyed five year old's daily tantrums tolerable.

3 comments:

Elaine said...

He got my breakfast one Sat morning also. I do not know how he poured from the gallon container but he did! I loved it!

annie said...

How sweet!!! You have fabulous kids!

Tice said...

What? You don't like your cereal soggy? So bizarre...