Wednesday, September 29, 2010


Andrew: What's the bag of bacon for? 
Me: It's fishing bait for you and Papa. 
Andrew: Whoopie!!!! 

If you were to ask Andrew what one of his most favorite pastimes is, he'd tell you fishing with Papa. He had his first fishing experience with Papa back in summer 2008, on a trip to see Meme in Greensboro GA. He told me he and Papa had the bestest time. 
A month or so ago, Papa bought Andrew his very own Spiderman fishing rod. They've been on several fishing trips to the pond near Papa's house since that glorious purchase. Andrew loves his "man time" with Papa and says it's their special thing they do together. 
With Andrew being such a sentimental young man, I believe these little fishing trips to the pond with Papa will be treasured always. 
Today, when they got back from their most recent fishing trip I asked how many fish they caught. Papa said about 15. Andrew said it was more like 1500. 
...Side with whom you think is more accurate amongst yourselves. 

4 comments:

Tice said...

There's nothing about this picture that I don't absolutely love. Is that a button up shirt and basketball shorts I see? I knew I needed to get Tycen some Crocs. Olive green size 10 for him shall be my quest.

ps- I tried to spike Tycen's hair for picture day today. It wouldn't take. Even his hair is sensible. It's like he's the reverse of Calvin.

Betsy said...

It wouldn't be a fish story without a little exaggeration, right? That photo is adorable!

Karen said...

What an adorable picture..That needs to be blown up as a poster and put into his room. I didn't realize CF was a fisherman!

Elaine said...

I'm so glad we finally got a photo! And yes, Tycen's hair is very sensible - just stays in place! It is so Tycen!! And he definitely needs green Crocs! And to come down here and fish with Papa!