Friday, September 24, 2010

Clee sure does love his Friday field trips. They go on hikes, swing on swings, and...


...feed the gators. 

I don't like frogs, okay. You think I like gators any better? HECK NAH. I was freaked out, but apparently that's what you do when you live in Florida. You feed those gators. You feed those gators to the point where those gators just come up to you because they know you're going to feed them. 
... I guess I'm not seeing how this is a good thing here. 


The kids had fun, though. And that's what counts, right? Er right. 
On the upside the soft shell turtles were pretty sweet. I liked those. 

5 comments:

Chris said...

Chompers is SO cute! I know Clee had a blast with the gator. Don't you guys have room in the backyard for him?

Tice said...

When we were younger Aunt Karen used to take us swimming at Wakulla Springs in Tally. There was a roped off area for the gators. You know, 'cause gators can't saunter under the ropes. I thought, for sure, I was gonna meet my maker there.

Elaine said...

Oh, that's funny, Tice! I remember, too - she loved to take us there. I'm with you on the gators sauntering under the ropes! Thank goodness, you made it though. And Fiel, too! I'm with you, Natalie, I do not think gators are cute and I certainly do not like my grandchildren around them! Thank goodness you were there!

Grandma Gerri said...

I would have loved to be there for that one. What exactly were you feeding those gators? It kinda looks like bread. If Clee had a good time that's what counts. I'll bet Andrew would have loved it. Way to go Mom being brave and all.

Karen said...

Duh...I can still read you know!!! Sorry I took your children to see the gators when they came here, big sister! (JK!!)....Yes, they made it! Thank goodnes!!! Natalie, that is a cool picture of that gator..I am surprise the teachers are letting the chilodren feed him, though!