Thursday, September 9, 2010


I received a phone call around noon today. It was Andrew's teacher Mrs. Howard informing me that everything was fine, but Andrew has been asking to use her cell phone to call me. The call was important and had to be made. I told her to go ahead and put him on, and this is how the call went down:

Mom: Andrew?

Andrew: Hi mom. Uh, Mrs. Howard? ... A little privacy, please?

Mom: Andrew is something wrong?

Andrew: Well... today at lunch when I opened my lunchbox there were oreo crumbs all over everything inside. I just wanted you to know it wasn't my fault.

Mom: Okay Andrew, we'll clean it up when you get home. It's no big deal. Bye, bud.

Andrew: Love you, mom.


And that's the important phone call that had to be made. We have since discussed when the right time to call and when the wrong time to call mom from school. Still, I have a feeling this is the first of many important calls to mom from school. Say little prayer for Mrs. Howard, willya?


5 comments:

Brittany said...

Ha. Andrew's so stinkin' cute. Who could tell him, "No."

Elaine said...

I agree with Brittany!

Lori, Lorelei, Lore said...

Dear Natalie,
I am so sorry that I have neglected to read your blog in a very long time. However, I have to let you know that I just spent a glorious hour catching up on all your old blogs. I also have to say that you are just marvelous. I have a huge smile on face as I bid you (or your blog, that is) good night!
Love, Lori

Meg said...

SO CUTE! Geeze, I go outta town for a week and really missed out on your blog!

Grandma Gerri said...

Mrs. Howard is in my prayers. But you gotta love that boy. How did the discussion go after school.