Friday, September 3, 2010


I'm anxiously waiting for autumn to arrive. I long for long sleeve shirts and hoodies. Andrew is already sporting his long sleeve fall attire, but I would melt in the heat and humidity.
I want to have my windows open all day into the night to keep my house cool, instead of relying on the AC.
I want to bake something using pumpkin as the main ingredient.
I want someone to make me any kind of cobbler. Note- I don't want to make it. I want someone to make it for me.
I want to walk my kids home from school in the cool crisp air.
I want to watch new episodes of Glee, Modern Family, The Big Bang Theory, How I met Your Mother, Castle, Destination Truth, Community, The Office, and 30 Rock in no particular order.
I don't want to admit that I'm an evening tv junkie, but... I am.
I want all of these things and I want them now.
I splurged and bought a pumpkin spice candle today at Bath and Body Works- hoping fall would come sooner because of my purchase. The fact of the matter is my yummy candle will not bring fall here any faster, but at least my house smells delightfully fallish.
Baby steps to fall, as Bob would say. Man I love that Bob.

2 comments:

Tice said...

Bob's a genius. Don't forget the ability to trick the kids into going to bed earlier when the sun goes down at 4. I'm enjoying the fact that I can wear a hoodie in the mornings now. Come on fall. And winter, for that matter. I don't know how you survive in that heat.

Grandma Gerri said...

I am so glad to live in the mountains and a desert to boot. I hate the heat (its just awful) and especially the humidity (does awful things to my lungs). Love the pumpkin candle idea my have to dig mine out. Love you all. btw don't forget what today is (grandparents day hint hint)