Wednesday, September 22, 2010

*at the request of Andrew*
I thought one of the perks of having a husband was being able to have a nature (ie spiders, lizards, frogs in your home) remover at your disposal. I found out that's not the case after only one week into mine and Fiel's marriage.
Today was a nightmare- averted when Fiel found a frog in the bathtub. We were all sorts of freaked out. Look. I don't need your judging eyes mocking me, okay? We aren't frog lovers. There you go.
Anyway, Fiel was telling me to get it out, I was telling Fiel to get it out, we both said we wished 5 yr old cousin Warner was here to remove it for us, then I bribed Andrew to take it outside for a dollar. He did it. My macho macho man baby came to our rescue for one whole dollar bill.

They became instant buddies, him and the frog.


We set him free back into nature,


...but not before Andrew poked and prodded him with a stick.


Ah yes. Boys and boy stuff. I guess it skipped a generation with Fiel, bless his heart. No worries, though. What Fiel lacks in the way of nature removal, he makes up for in geeky techy stuff. Oh and hanging window rods.
On an ending note: Fiel says it was a team effort between he and Andrew. I wasn't there to witness so...

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

Way to go, Natalie. You've got to use what you've got, and you've got an Andrew. $1 was a good deal, I say. And also, congrats to Clee for writing his name! So great!!

Tice said...

And yet, he'll pick up squished mice. *shudders in fright*

Brittany said...

I love it! I can just picture the madness. Alex HATES frogs as well.

Grandma Gerri said...

That's my boy!!! I don't know what happened to you that you grew up as such a chicken when it comes to bugs, and small vermin such as mice, frogs, etc. I had a feeling Andrew would take to that sort of things though. Good boy Andrew you're the hero of the day! btw where were you when said frog was captured hiding under the covers on your bed?

Grandma Gerri said...

That was a pretty cute frog btw

Meg said...

Great job Andrew. Maybe when you are older you will get a pet frog of your own....ha! Ya right!