Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Something pretty rad happened a few nights ago here at the Sirmans' homestead. Clee and I were sitting in our "papa's chair" together, when we engaged in eye contact. Fiel was sitting on the couch beside us, so I told Clee to go give his dad a kiss and... he did. Let your jaws drop folks, I sure did when I saw it all go down.
I didn't gesture for him to go to his dad. I didn't make the usual pucker up and do kissy noices routine I normally do. I just said, go give your dad a kiss. Just the words. Nothing else. And he happily obliged.
Very rarely will he respond to the words mom and dad, so to see him respond correctly to calling Fiel, dad was so cool. I'm not gonna lie, it sorta made me jealous.
After many different tries to get him to do it again since, he won't budge. He just laughs. That boy is as stubborn as both of his parents. Hmpf.

7 comments:

elaine c sirmans said...

Beautiful boy + Beautiful parents = Beautiful moment!
LOVE your sweet family :)

Brittany said...

That is soooo sweet. What a special moment. And yes, I feel for you Natalie:(

Grandma Gerri said...

WooHoo way to go Clee I am so proud of you and have always known you could understand the words just chose not to respond to them. I have also known how stuborn you are but not sure you beat your parents on that one. HA!!! love you all.

Tice said...

GIve that cute boy a kiss from me. And when you say my name, he won't deny that I'm unforgettable. :) Gah! I just wanna squeeze him!

annie said...

Way to go Clee!! What a wonderful accomplishment for sure. Those are the tender mercies God sends to us when we least expect them.

Meg said...

Sweet boy! That kid SOOOOO knows what's going on!

Elaine said...

Clee knows everything we say and he understands it also - there is no doubt about that!