Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Clee woke up around 4am this morning feeling hot to the touch. I knew then he'd probably be my right hand man (right hand, literally) for the rest of the day. Sure enough, 8am he vomited in the hallway right next to the bathroom. He is terrified to vomit in the toilet, so he either vomits on the floor or into a towel being held by yours truly. I know, I live a lavish life with a strong gag reflex...
So the vomit on the floor was a deal breaker. He was staying home from school. He went and laid on my bed, acting all sickly-like. I took the other two to school while Fiel got ready for work and Clee laid in bed.
As soon as I came home from the school, I heard sounds of heavy footsteps running towards the bedroom. It was Clee, running back into the bedroom and hopping into bed as soon as he heard the front door open. I walked in the bedroom to find him exactly where I left him, but his eyes were closed and he was trying very hard not to laugh. I think he was pretending to be asleep. Was he playing me? I asked him just that. You know what his response was? He let out a huge squeal and hid completely under the covers. Ah yes. He was playing me. That little stinker.
He continued to sneak out of the bed and would run and hop back into it every time he heard me coming to check on him. Oh yes, there was lots of giggling coming from that bedroom.
If it wasn't for the fever, shivering, and occasional short naps, I'd think he was faking it.

4 comments:

Betsy said...

hmmm...he must be related to my Spencer! haha.

Trent and Amelia said...

oh no! I hope we didn't get him sick :( although we are having different symptoms... I hope he gets to feeling better soon :)

Grandma Gerri said...

But mom he's so cute and you know you can't resist him faking or not but the fever is a dead give away. You never acted totally sick when you were sick either.

Meg said...

This is seriously the cutest thing ever!