Thursday, November 4, 2010

After school, Andrew said he had something classic and hilarious to show me. Boy was he not joking. He got these glasses as a prize from school, and well... lets just say we've had our fun with them ever since.

Emme didn't want to join in the fun. What a fun killer.

To me, these glasses weren't just a fun way to spend the afternoon, they also brought back a good memory.
Circa 1989. I was 8 and on a sleepover with my great grandma Eileen. She and my dads mom took me to pic and save and we ended up browsing through a clearance aisle. As we were looking through the mounds of left over merch, she turned her head away from me. She was giggling when turned around wearing glasses that look exactly like the ones Andrew brought home today. We both bursted into a laughing frenzy. I thought she was so funny. She bought those funny glasses for me and they were a hit amongst the Allgood home for at least a month. That's one of the last few memories I have of my great grandma Eileen before Alzheimers decided to take her away from us.

I don't know what it is about these kinds of glasses, but like Andrew said they are classic and hilarious. Clee did not like it when I wore them. Not one bit. He knocked them strait off of my face and stomped his foot every time I'd look at him. That's the sure sign of annoyance coming from him. So in the end I guess I am the mother of not just one, but two fun killers. Sheesh.

6 comments:

Grandma Gerri said...

I understand Clee's reaction but not why Emme wouldn't play. Those are some great glasses Andrew is right about that.

Tice said...

Gah way to be a buzzkill. We had a pair similar to that floating around here for a day or two. Brought many a giggle to us.

Lindsey Montague said...

There are 2 things I love about these pictures, besides the obvious awesome glasses:

1- Andrew has your exact mouth shape.

2- I love how Emme is peeking from behind your head, checking out her too cool mama!!

Meg said...

love the glasses! Emme needs to get her groove on with those bad boys. I am sure she will.....just you wait!

Elaine said...

I can see how Clee would tear them up! Scary!!! Such a great story though about great grandma Eileen - great memory!

Karen said...

So cute....you guys are so funny! Love reading your blogs!