Wednesday, November 3, 2010

American Eagle cashier (holding my jeans and flannel shirt): Are these for your daughter?

Me: Er no. These are mine, and my daughter is nine.

American Eagle cashier: Oh sorry about that.

Me: It must be the Mr Rogers meets Martha Stewart sweater I'm wearing...

American Eagle cashier: ...


Punk.
I wasn't really upset over this because let's be honest. I am technically old enough to have given birth to a child in it's teenage years... if I were in my early to mid teens myself, that is.
And no, I don't believe my awesome Mr. Roger meets Martha Stewart sweater had anything to do with this particular cashiers reasoning to think I was old enough to be the mother of a teenager. But my Mr Rogers meets Martha sweater does deserve a collage of it's own because it is that awesome. Here ya go Mr. Rogers meets Martha sweater. You deserve it:

4 comments:

Betsy said...

Well, I LOVE your sweater! Besides, you look like your 16 yourself! what do cashiers know anyway?

Grandma Gerri said...

was the guy wearing glasses or maybe he had contacts and needs a new prescription. You barely look old enough to have a nine year old let alone a teenager. I love the sweater and the shirt especially the color. of course the other two accessories are awesome to.

Tice said...

That sweater is the bees knees. *swoon*

Kim said...

wow. that cashier sounds really LAME. And I LOVE that sweater!!! you look so cute/hawt in all these pics!!