Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Circa late 2005


... I'm just going to say what y'all are thinking: Hooooooly cuteness.
I found this little gem whilst looking for a baby picture for Andrew's up coming Birthday post (very hard to come by, the poor 3rd baby). It's hard to believe this darling baby, butterball toddler, and pretty preschooler are now 9, 8, and 2 days away from being 6.
I remember the night we took this picture. It was a winter night, Fiel was working late, Emme and Clee were sitting in the rocker while Emme watched Barbie's Princess and The Pauper for what seemed to be the bagillionth time (psst: secretly liked that movie). Andrew crawled over while calling out for: Memee.
That's what he used to call Emme. She picked him up, and she insisted I take a picture of them being cute together. So I did. Believe it or not, back then there were a lot of pictures that never would have been taken if it wasn't for Emme insisting I take one. I have much appreciation to my preschooler Emme.
All was wonderful as we took pictures until Clee let us know the photo-op was done by pushing Andrew off Emme's lap and on to the hardwood floor. Then he casually walked up stairs- laughing at the crying baby. I couldn't help but to laugh, too. That butterball of a 3 year old was too adorable to get mad at. Just sayin'.
I'm not gonna lie. I've been looking back at old photos for a few weeks now, just trying to briefly go back in time to where my babies were just that- babies. I might have even cried a little, but I won't confirm that.
Last night I had Andrew on my lap. Like I've told him everyday for the past week, I told him that this was his very last Tuesday of being 5. Then I told him I wanted him to stay 5 years old forever. You know what he told me? He said he couldn't stay 5 forever. He had to grow up. Who knew Andrew could be the voice of reason?

6 comments:

crissy said...

Yesterday morning I fell asleep. I couldn't help myself. While asleep the children did whatever they wanted because, hey! Mom was asleep!
I came to when I heard a thud, thud, thud on the wall. I found them in my room. They had climbed into Zeke's bed and were hanging out with them. I was about to remove them when Conrad said "Mom, take a picture of us!"
Thank goodness for those first-borns and their kindness in reminding us to capture moments ;)


Love that chubsy Clee! Oh golly, cute!

Meg said...

Emme looks just like you in this photo! Andrews little face hasn't changed a bit and Clee is the cutest butter ball 3 year old ever! Love it. Please post more!!! Will you be here for any of the holidays? Miss you all!

Tice said...

Gah! I'm dying over the cuteness here. And to think, Tycen and Andrew hadn't even met...

Analia and Co. said...

Your kids are adorable! So fun to look back at old pictures. I'm about to have my third and my baby girl doesn't look so "baby" anymore.

Elaine said...

They are all so cute!! And Emme continues to be the best sister ever!

Grandma Gerri said...

I have a feeling somewhere down the line Emme will be keeping us all organized and remembering the important little things we some times forget. They are the cutest kids ever.