Wednesday, November 10, 2010


Just another reason why my kids are so cool.

Yesterday afternoon on our way home from a loooooong day in Panama City Clee started giggling, bouncing his 70 pound (stats courtesy of doctor visit yesterday) body, while shaking his head along to Rocky Raccoon. We would look at each other and burst into laughter. This kid is so funny, and after the long day we just had, I so needed him to be.
The song ended and so did the party on the passenger side of the car. A few songs came and went as Clee stared at himself in the side mirror of the car (See? I told you he was vain...) when Helter Skelter came on. Again a giggling, bouncing, head shaking Clee was dancing along. Same thing happened when Blackbird, Ob-La-Di-Ob-La-Da, and Dear Prudence (my favorite Beatle song- I'll have you know, and Paul's not even the lead singer. What the heck, right?) came through the speakers. You've should have seen this kid rocking out. It was like he was a natural- been doing it all of his life. I've seen my fair share of Clee enjoying a song or two, but I've never seen him actually move his body to the beat of one song let alone five. And what was almost as amazing as his rhythm to the songs was he would only do it to those particular five.
If you have no idea what the connection is, these are all Beatle songs. All from the White Album. None of them were played back to back. Coincidence? I don't think so.


2 comments:

Grandma Gerri said...

Another Beatle fan in the family I think it may just be heredity. He is such a cool little guy ya gotta love him even if you're not related.

Elaine said...

Another music fan in the family and a dancer!! Yeah! His first dancing! I can just see that a smile with the twinkle in the eyes!