Thursday, December 30, 2010


11 years ago today I married a tall blonde who wore glasses, a black leather jacket and baggy jeans. During our first year of marriage, we spent our weeknights watching The Simpsons in bed. We declared ourselves newlyweds- stuck in our old married couple-like ways. We were in bliss.
Not much has changed since then aside from my tall blonde now wears contacts, traded the leather jacket, and baggy jeans in for zippered pullovers, and adidas warm up pants. And instead of The Simpsons in bed, we graduated to DVR'd Late Night With Jimmy Fallon on the couch.
We're still stuck in our old married couple-like ways, but now we have a reason. It's fact that once you've hit the 10 year mark- you become the old married couple for realsies. So it's okay to eat at Boston Market on date night in your best sweats because that's what old married folk do.
Heh... getting hitched at 18 isn't looking so silly after all, now is it critics of 11 years past?

ps: He still owns that black leather jacket. I will never let him get rid of it.


7 comments:

Tice said...

And a very Merry Anniversary to you my dears. How cute you are.

Lindsey Montague said...

I might be really dumb for wondering this... But, I was at your wedding. In the fall. Outside. With no snow.

?

natalie said...

Lindsey you *were* at/in my spring wedding. But Fiel and I actually eloped in December. I'm not gonna lie, there were quite a few people who were not happy with us when our "big" secret broke out.

Karen said...

I wanted to elope, you rock my world! :) Oh man, the naysayers...I'd like to give them a blog middle finger if you don't mind...;)

Lindsey Montague said...

You know, there were TONS of rumors (well not tons) that you had done that!!! It wasn't that big of a deal to me. You were SO happy, and it was fun to be a part of it.

And Karen, you crack me up!!

Grandma Gerri said...

Happy Anniversary you two, I love you both. when I posted previously I guess it didn't take, Sorry. Proud to witness both.

Lori, Lorelei, Lore said...

Happy late anniversary! I'm so glad your in a family. What would we do without you?