Wednesday, December 29, 2010


Number of tantrums from Clemon during Christmas break: ... I've lost count. In fact, he's in the middle of one right now because I moved one of his new monster truck mater's so I could sweep around it.

I'm not a fan of school breaks whether it be winter, spring, or summer. I'm not a fan all the same. Don't get me wrong here. I enjoy my kids, but when they've have been around each other nonstop for days and you've become the referee instead of the mom, you got a problem. Sure it's fun for the first few days, but when laundry becomes the one consistent thing in life? Well lets just say I'm not a fan of that either.

Breaks are the hardest on Clemon. It's totally out of his routine and he can't handle it as well as others. I have to constantly remind myself of that when he starts getting on my nerves with his yelling, stomping, and full out fits. I can't wait for January 5th to come around, so Clemon and I can get back to loving each other instead of shooting each other dirty looks like we're doing right now.

I'll be taking that mother of the year award now, please.


5 comments:

Karen said...

I hear ya, somehow we've avoided anything too major just yet, but we are off track till Jan 18th! Help. Me.

chaffinclan said...

are you a fan fall breaks cuz you only talked about winter spring and summer! :D

Tice said...

My sentiments exactly. As I type this I have children all around complaining about this's and that's. Oy.

Grandma Gerri said...

Oh I wish I could be there to help with them, I so hate not being close by. You will all be fine after Monday right?

Lori, Lorelei, Lore said...

Ditto to Tice. Oy to the max!