Friday, February 4, 2011


Today I discovered something I wasn't prepared to find for at least (AT LEAST!) five years from now.

Let me back track for a moment. Last August I decided I was done with bleaching and coloring my hair. I haven't known the true color of my hair since I was 13 years old. I felt it was time to see who's hair color I really had- my moms or my dads (they're practically the same). I knew growing my hair out wouldn't be an easy road and it certainly hasn't been, but I'm hanging tough and sure enough, it's coming in with all it's natural colored glory. Fiel once joked about me finding grey hairs now that it's growing out, and I laughed at the idea. Hahaha. Yeah right, I told him. I've got years until I have to worry about such things.

... Now back to today. I was in the bathroom admiring the pimple on my forehead in the mirror while keeping Clee company while he does his "business" when I saw it.
What I saw was... was... A grey hair! EEK!!!

Pause for composure....

Okay. I'm not even 30 yet, so if I'm getting grey hairs at 29 just imagine how grey my hair will be at 39. And if that's not bad enough, upon looking at the photo, I spotted two more grey hairs. What on earth? Why they gotta be gaining up on me like that? I'm a good person, people. A darn good person... when I'm not laughing at people falling.



So today is the day I found my first grey hair hairs. I won't sugar coat it. This. Stinks. My first instinct is to want to hide in my bed and eat my feelings, but I won't. Instead I'll figure out which child is to blame and take it out on them.

I don't know, folks. A bottle of bleach is looking pretty darn good right about now...


7 comments:

Ramsey said...

authentic hair color is so overrated. I have an appointment on the 15th to go back platinum. Hair coloring rocks! :)

Sally Sirmans said...

Step away from the bleach, you've come so far! No, no, no. No biggie on the 3 grays. You are adorable.

Grandma Gerri said...

Chill girl, I got my first grey hair before you were born granted it may have been when I was pregnant with you. At sixty I still don't have as much as I would like to so you will be okay. I guess you didn't give me enough grief to turn white before I was fifty like I wanted :(

Or maybe our children don't cause our grey hair? I always loved you as a blond but I would love you anyway. And you are beautiful with any color hair.

Kalena said...

Grey hair is depressing. I have a ton and I'm only 22!! Mileena counts them during sacrament meeting. I think she's gotten up to 30ish....ugh. At least you on have 3 :)

Lori, Lorelei, Lore said...

But if what we are seeing is your natural color, well then it's pretty darn pretty.

Karen said...

If it makes you feel any better, I found my first at 19. I only found a few at a time till recently and now they are multiplying like crazy. It's a good thing your so dang gorgeous eh? ;)

Meg said...

Oh darlin' go eat some ben and jerry's yogurt. Wink wink. I have found white hairs before...ya, let's not go there.