Tuesday, April 5, 2011


Being the fun mom that I am, I planned a 4 day Disney World trip during spring break and dragged my mom along for the fun. Emme loved all the thrill rides. She has her favorite few at each Disney park. Clee went all the thrill rides whether he liked them or not, but he'll ride Pirates, and Big Thunder Railroad over and over again. Andrew was finally tall enough to ride Space Mountain, but his all time favorite ride was Walt Disney's Carousel Of Progress. It's basically a 20 minute snooze fest. He rode it numerous times with grandma while we went on rides he didn't like so much. Now he knows the song beginning to end.

After many visits to Orlando, I finally got to see my high school friend who now lives in that area, Natalia and her cute family. Even with the all the Disney chaos it was nice catching up and finally meeting her cute curly haired blondie, Nate who I've gotten to know through facebook.


Andrew's current obsession is with Mickey Mouse. I know what you're thinking here: Him??? An obsession?? It's true and we waited in hour long lines x3 just to get a picture with the famous mouse. Speaking of character pictures, Andrew was made for this kind of stuff. He loves waiting in long lines in hopes of getting hug, handshake or fist bump by a lovable Disney character. When Emme was his age, she wouldn't go near the characters and Clee? Forget about it...


... That is until we saw Lightning McQueen. Clee's a huge Cars fan. He collects die cast Cars in all shapes and sizes. He even liked wearing the Cars mouse ears for a brief moment.

****Note: If you can't see the resemblance between Clee and these particular set of ears for yourself... well you're at a loss.****


As soon as Clee saw Mcqueen, he leaned in for hug. He was in heaven. I was in shock. He would have stayed there all day long covering every inch of the car with his eyes if we'd let him.










When Andrew saw there was a Pizza Planet for realsies, he just about screamed with glee. It's not as cool as the movie one, though. You've been warned.


Here's us before Tower Of Terror...


Here's us during Tower Of Terror (see Clee's head next to my armpit)...


And here's us after...

...Wait a minute. We were too horrified to get an after picture. I remember now. My mom on the other hand loved every drop, but she won't go on space mountain. Looney girl.


While Emme and grandma went to get a drawing lesson, the boys and I watched a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse show. Both boys laughed. Both boys loved it.


Um excuse me, Clemon? Where do you think you're hitching a ride to?


Two things I loved about Disneyland when I was young were Fantasmic and the Main Street Electrical Parade. It delights me to know they were good enough to bring back to the parks. The kids got a big kick out of them, too.




All in all we had a really good trip.


Even Clee's strait crazy tantrum that lasted for over an hour and a half, all because he couldn't sniff the seat on the people mover doesn't seem so bad if you think about all the good times we had.

9 comments:

Brittany said...

Thanks for posting! Looks like you guys have been loads of fun!

Grandma Gerri said...

I have to admit it was a blast even though you made me go on all the rides I didn't want to. Now I've done them I don't have to do them again RIGHT? The kids had a ball and that's the important thing. Loved it and all of you!

Meg said...

Andrew: thumbs up and peace signs are classic American kid! I love it!

Clee: Cars/Goofy hat is perfect!!! Him on McQueen...made me smile.

Emme: She is wearing shorts! Skinny minnie! CUTE!

You: Tower of Terror made me laugh. Outloud. Multiple times. (well, you and the kid in front of you)

Gerri:Love the mocking laugh on Tower of Terror. Brings me back to my childhood with you mocking Nat and I at all the dumb, I mean cool things we did!

Elaine said...

Loved all the hats, and Clee's love of McQueen - great time!

Jenny said...

Looks like you had a great time! We really want to take our kids there someday. You are lucky you live close.

Lori, Lorelei, Lore said...

Two words. I'm jealous.

Grandma Gerri said...

@ Meg The Tower of Terror, really was my favorite ride I loved it but no one would go on it with me again.

Meg said...

@Gerri...I would SO go on that ride over and over!

Karen said...

I certainly see the resemblance in Clee and his hat! How adorable! What a fun week. Sorry I didn't get to see your mom this time around!