Tuesday, April 5, 2011

March 20, 2011 my only baby girl turned the big 1 0. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the idea of having a child in the double digits. Quite frankly... it freaks me out. Even though she's the bestest 10 year old this mom could ever hope for...


I still long for that chubby cheeked cherub I cuddled with day in and day out just 10 short years ago. Isn't she heavenly?


We started off Em's Birthday weekend with go carts and Coldstone ice cream cupcakes. Those two things say "I'm 10!!!" like nothing else, really.





Even though the two friends she invited had other plans, we still had a blast with the Sirmans' crew. She wanted Candace to make her a Birthday cake, and Candace was kind enough to accept the request. She made Emme a peanut butter and chocolate cake that was supery dupery yummy! Girl can make a good cake.



















Emme collected all her Birthday money and bought herself an ipod touch. Her favorite apps are google voice for texting and one for photo editing. Em can text like a pro. It must come with the double digit territory.


I sure do love my 10 year old.

7 comments:

Tice said...

Love all these pictures. I could be biased but I'm pretty sure I have the cutest parents/siblings/nieces/nephews/cousins/aunts/uncles ever. For real.

Grandma Gerri said...

She is one great 10 year old and I had a great time celebrating with her and y'all!

Meg said...

AWWWWWWW! Emme is the sweetest girl ever! You are seriously lucky! Tell her belated Happy b-day. And tell her to text me! :)

Elaine said...

Love that Em! We all had a very good time! Love that green headband and also that chocolate peanut butter cake - yummy!! Thanks, Candace!

Lori, Lorelei, Lore said...

I absolutely think everyone of the grandchildren need a picture of themselves with grammie and pap just like Emme does. I love that picture!

Lori, Lorelei, Lore said...

Sorry, Dad. I meant Papa, but you knew that! Maybe we should call you Pap

Karen said...

Cute pictures of Emme's party. I am soooooooooooooo sorry I missed it. Looks like a very fun and yummy day!!! Happy Belated #10, emme!