Wednesday, May 18, 2011


I finally did it. After 3 years of shying away from the idea, I finally sent all of my old HI8 tapes of the kids baby years away to be converted into DVD format. I haven't looked at those tapes since 2005.
This morning I received a web link to preview 2 tapes via email. One was of Emme and Clee's 2004 birthdays and everything in between, the other was of Emme and Clee meeting newborn Andrew for the first time through a hospital window. I was fine and in control of my emotions until I heard Emme's little voice say "look at his tiny head" referring to Andrew. You better believed I cried, all the while Fiel was rolling his eyes. He was crying on the inside. Memories of my babies are flooding my mind today. My heart swells with love for those little ones sweet faces and voices to the point it's about to burst. Why didn't I have this done years ago?

3 comments:

Tice said...

I need to do that too. And, yes, Fuel was crying on the inside. Cute, cute, cuteness abounded when those three were tots. Still does but dang they were cute babies.

Grandma Gerri said...

I would have been crying right there with you. Just reading this brought a tear or two. Can't wait to see them.

Elaine said...

Such great memories!