Tuesday, November 29, 2011


Would you believe me if I told you that Andrew turned 7 years old a little over a week ago? It's true. Can't believe it myself, but alas...
A little part of me wants to still believe he's this itty bitty boy who can fit into my pocket, but he reminds me of his big boy status so much, that the little part I desperately hold on to is starting to fade away.
All year andrew talked about having his Birthday party at the Fun Station. He did the Andrew thing by changing his mind a few weeks before. Instead he wanted a "just family" party followed by a day at Disney World and sleeping in our very own pirate room.
Andrew's Birthday weekend was a whirlwind of fun.
On Thursday Grandma came in from Utah to spend a few weeks with us. For the family party he chose a Phineas and Ferb themed cake. He had a blast opening all of his presents.
On Friday we went to see Papa and the Jukebox band do a gig. A rare occasion for us to be able to attend such an event. Andrew takes pride in the fact that his papa is a rock star. He thinks Jukebox would really take off if they sang some Beatles songs, but not Beach Boys. They're too happy.
Then on Saturday his actual Birthday, we went to Disney. We started the day at Epcot, then took the monorail to the Magic Kingdom, and ended our night by sleeping in pirate ships.
By the end of the weekend, this kid had the 7th Birthday weekend of dreams. I was exhausted.


















3 comments:

sorichfamily said...

Happy birthday to Andrew!! I can't believe he is that old!! Wasn't he just a tiny baby with cute hair! Holy cow! And Emme's legs are so long!! We need to freeze all these babies!!! Ah!! So happy y'all celebrated in style!!

Grandma Gerri said...

Had a great time and the time went way to fast. So happy to celebrate Andrew's birthday and Thanksgiving with all of you. I miss you gobs.

Meghan said...

happy late b-day Andrew! I am SOOOO jealous of your birthday celebration!