Monday, April 5, 2010

I hope y'all had a hoppin' Easter. Ours was good. We had a pretty sickly bunch over the weekend so we didn't get to attend the Pearson Easter shindig. We were all super bummed about not being able to go, but we managed to stay in good spirits by doing some good old fashioned Easter activities at home.

Getting off topic for a moment, I er... I did this to hair over the weekend. I never learn from prior mistakes. I was referred to as the colored Easter egg by my mother, but that's neither here nor there. Note to self: Stay away from the hair bleach. It's not good to you. It treats you poorly.


Let's get back to the Easter festivities, shall we?


The kids found their Easter baskets. All were pleased with it's contents. Then I hid some eggs in our front yard for the kids to find. They all loved that, especially Clee.

Then we colored eggs.


Andrew thought the eggs would dye faster if he stared at them in a very serious manner...


Emme thought that was the silly thing she had ever heard.


Our eggs turned out awesome.


Then we lounged around the house for the remainder of the day.


I thought General Conference during Easter weekend was an especially nice way to end spring break.
Easter was a success, but we'll go easier on the candy next year. Clee and sugar highs aren't such a good mix.

3 comments:

Tice said...

Loving you and everything about you even when you don't heed the advice to step away from the hair dye.

Looks like fun was had by all. Sad that you couldn't attend the Pearson shindig. I hear it's freakin' amazing.

Meg said...

Love your Easter weekend. Wish I had been around! Eggs look great. Hope they all got eaten. :)

Grandma Gerri said...

It was good even with the sickies!